- Obgaektify adds a few more Groovified niceties to Objectify's already easy-to-use API wrapper for the Google App Engine low-level datastore.
- Obgaektify allows you to cleanly separate your domain models from your views and controllers without having to write a lot of extra code to wire them together.
- download Obgaektify in the download area,
- learn how to create Gaelyk applications enhanced with the Obgaektify plugin by reading the tutorial,
- and participate in the community.
Frequently Asked Question
Where does the name come from?
The name Obgaektify is an orthographic mash-up of Objectify + Gaelyk. (Gaelyk of course takes it GAE from the Google App Engine.)
How do you pronounce Obgaektify?
I recommend pronouncing it just like you pronounce Objectify. The precedent in English for "ga" sounding like "ja" being words like "gaol" and "hygaene".
Who's behind Obgaektify?
Obgaektify is a little pet project started by Jeremy Brown to further simplify the writing of web apps on Gaelyk. Of course, this plugin is really only a little syntactic sugar sprinkled on top of Gaelyk and Objectify. To take a quote out of context, "Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor."*
What is the license of Obgaektify?
Obgaektify is Open Source and is released under the Apache License (ASL 2).
Where can I find the source code?
The source code of Obgaektify is currently packaged with the plugin download on the download page.